Children will "hop" right into this quick and easy Easter craft. They will make Easter bunnies using baby food jars, a little paint, and some other fun art materials. When finished, they can fill them up with special little Easter treats. Enjoy!
This quick and easy Easter bunny craft is perfect for younger children with a short attention span. With a few basic art supplies, you can turn baby food jars into cute Easter bunnies for decorating or as containers to hold Easter treats.
- small clean jar (with no label) & lid: baby food jars work the best
- cotton balls
- glue dots or hot glue gun
- acrylic paint (careful-will stain clothing and some surfaces)
- googly eyes
- small pink pom-pom (for nose)
- small piece of white yarn or string
- white pipe cleaners
- Begin this quick and easy Easter craft by painting the jar lid with acrylic paint. This will be the hat of the Easter bunny. Make sure to let the lid dry completely. Wearing smocks and laying down newspaper is recommended if little ones will be doing the painting as acrylic paint can stain clothing and may not wash off all surfaces.
- Fill the baby food jar with cotton balls.
- Next, make the bunny’s whiskers by tying a knot in the center of a small strand of yarn. Then unravel the piece and trim off the excess length.
- Glue the googly eyes to the front of the jar followed by the whiskers and the pom-pom nose.
- Cut the pipe cleaner stem in half to make two ears. Bend one in half and twist the ends together to make one bunny ear. Make a second ear and glue the pair to the back of the lid (if it is dry from painting). The glue dots or a hot glue gun will make this step quick and easy.
- Twist the lid onto your jar and your Easter bunny craft is complete!
- Try using different sized containers for a variety of looks! Check out your local dollar store or thrift shop for cheap alternatives. A tall, glass, salt shaker would make a slim bunny. You could add a white pom pom tail to the back!
- You can use just about anything white to fill your container for this quick and easy Easter craft. Instead of cotton balls, fill the container with: mini pom poms, marshmallows (big or mini), M&Ms, shredded paper strips, crepe paper, rice, jellybeans, pop corn, buttons, yarn, or beans.
- Instead of a white bunny-play around with other colors.
- If you don't have pipe cleaners, you can make ears using felt or construction paper.
This quick and easy Easter craft can make a nice gift if you fill it with foil covered chocolate eggs or jelly beans.
For added fun, instead of making Easter bunnies from baby food jars, you could make a cute little chick! Paint the lid yellow, fill the container with yellow items like pom poms, crepe paper, or jelly beans and then attach googly eyes. Skip the whiskers and attach a little beak made of orange felt or construction paper.